Saturday, June 14, 2014

Fernli Designs 2nd June Project
FLIP PHOTO FRAME  


Hello again everyone .... Since finishing my first project for FERNLI DESIGNS I have been very eager to start on the 2nd one .... I also got some WONDERFUL news from Lou,   I have been offered a permeant position on their Design Team ..... EXCITED OR WHAT !!!!!  and of course I said YES .... I would be a fool to say anything else .... any way my 2nd project for them, here it is 
I started off with one of those cheap white plastic £1 frames from Ikea and gave it a gentle sanding and then gave it a coat of Gesso.  I then painted on the Matt Chalk Paint (Cosmic Shimmer ..Creative Expressions) with the Chalkboard colour  (grey) once that had dried I painted on the Crackle Glaze .. Wait for that to dry and then you can apply your top coat of paint ..... When you do apply this top coat make sure you paint a nice thick coat on it and DON"T be tempted to go over it a few times because it ruins the effect so make sure you have enough paint out to cover it quickly as the cracking starts straight away ...
Now on to the picture frames ... the first on one this Heart of Hearts and is £1.45 it is GORGEOUS.  I painted all the frames in the Grey Chalkboard paint . I added some of the COGS (Mixed bag for 50p ... and you get LOADS !!) I used a silver pen on mine. The little bricks you can see are from the Brick Wall and they are the bits that fall out of the cut frame and are £1 .. I painted with gesso first as the wood tends to soak up the paint and the gesso also gives a good surface for the chalk paint to grip to.  I then wrote on them using a Fine Line Drawing Pen.
The silver paws are just charms I had in my stash ..
This frame is the Lace/Scalloped Edged Banner and they are 25p ... the square on this one is one of the Squares (25mm x 25mm ) and are 10p. bellow the scalloped banner is a heart which I have attached using jump rings. I added some more bricks and wrote on them saying You Stole My Heart ... This is one of my favourite photos of my partner Hazel and our dog Roco the day we got him.
This frame is the Old Style Frame SET of 4 £1.45  and a small swirl  and of course a photo of our other gorgeous dog Bess
Again this is the Lace/scallop Edged Banner with a heart hanging from the bottom. On the heart I have used a cog and a small key ( a bag of 6 mixed 3mm small keys ....50p )
and the last frame is another of the scalloped edged banners with a hanging heart and a swirl .

Bellow on the pedestal I glued some florist oasis and put the fence in front of it and stuck in the flowers ... I also used a small lamppost on the frame .... after all you can't have a male dog without a lamppost now can you !!! 

The video of this is now up on youtube .... my channel is Ivory Moon 

Many thanks for stopping buy ... I would love to hear what you think 

Tina xxxx





5 comments:

Naomi (Sugar Brown) said...

This is a brill project. It has so much detail on it and so many things to look at. I would never have thought to make an album like this.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Genius - fabulous project but then again wouldn expect anything less from you hun xx

Unknown said...

This is so clever, I love it, and a great use of all the wood pieces xo

Crafty little haven said...

That is a suoer project, love the way you have used some fernli pieces as pages as well as embellishments. Lampost for the dog indeed lol xx

Carole said...

OMG I love it Tina! What a fantastic idea, it's absolutely gorgeous. Such detail & all the different elements you have used are fab xx

Blog Archive